Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thursday's post - early

This post is being sent out in advance of Thursday, well, because the weather as previously stated has not played nicely with us.  So instead of leaving Newport on Wednesday to go to Essex Village in Connecticut, we will be leaving Newport on Thursday and driving straight home.  For those statistics fans out there (according to the maps I accessed) that will be:
- 423 miles
- 7 hours, 40 minutes (yeah, RIGHT!!!!!)

That will take us across the Claibourne Pell Bridge which is:
- the 80th longest suspension bridge in the world
- 1601 feet long
- 400 feet above the water

The next bridge is the Jamestown Verrazano Bridge which is:
- a post-tensioned double-cell concrete box girder bridge
- 7,350 feet long
- I couldn't find out how high it is above the water ---I am just assuming that it is-above the water!!!!

After that we will be on I-95 for miles, and miles, and miles.  Or paying homage to Robert Frost, "... And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."

I am just going to assume that:
- we are going to leave here insanely early Thursday morning
- we will make it home safely
- our ride will be uneventful
- and long, but I think that goes without saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment