Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Packing - light

We're getting ready for our 4th annual "Motorcycle Extravaganza".  This year to Boston and other New England points of interest.  The weeks before any trip are always a matter of what-do-we-need and do-we-have-everything?  For some unknown reason, I did not throw away our packing lists from last year's trip, so this year I made the lists official and typed them up.  I sure can fake being organized sometimes!

Clearly we can't take THAT much on a bike, but with it looking like rain on our first day of travel, I started by making sure I had my inclement weather gear together - rain jacket, rain pants, gators (they go over my boots and under the rain pants to keep water out of my boots - seriously, if it's raining that hard that I need to worry about rain in my boots, I'm not riding!), plastic/gortex liner for my ventilated jacket, and zip-on outside covers for for my ventilated pants. Oh, and of course the first aid kit.   All of this goes into this mini duffle that goes on the back of my bike.  
I guess (except for making sure we have everything we need) packing is relatively easy.  It's remembering how everything gets secured to the bikes that's a bit more challenging.  Oh well, we've got a few days to figure that part out...

No comments:

Post a Comment