Friday, July 8, 2011

Saginaw - Yup, we're saggin' all!

Stormy skies before leaving Canfield this morning
The weather report for Canfield was "isolated storms" all day.  The only rain we hit was the few drops as we were packing up the bikes this morning.  What did hit us, however, was the spray from the tractor trailers on the roads where it had previously rained.
Coolness - the speed limit on the interstates in Ohio and Michigan is 70mph.
Scariness - the speed limit on the interstates in Ohio and Michigan is 70MPH!!!
Today's ride was about 319 miles - 158 miles on I-80W and 134 miles on US-23N.  Kind of hard to get lost on those roads!
Got in around 2:30, waited for a room, showered and headed out for lunch/dinner - and proof that we are in Saginaw
Although Vaughn's wasn't the coldest beer, mine was icy cold!  Good dinner, but we passed on the deep fried Twinkies for dessert.  Sigghhh.....
I hate to admit that I booked a room at the Residence Inn because they had a pool table.  And sadly I lost both of the games we played.
Off to Sault St. Marie tomorrow for a few days.



1 comment:

  1. I see no shame in why you selected your hotel. When I was applying to colleges, I rejected an entire university because there wasn't a Chinese restaurant in the town where it was located.

    ReplyDelete